Over the years, James Zahn aka "The Rock Father™" and/or his work have appeared in the press and mainstream media on occasion. In 2020, this continues as part of his role as Senior Editor of The Toy Book, The Pop Insider, and The Toy Insider.
James is available for interviews, television appearances, and public speaking engagements with a focus on entertainment, family, parenting, fatherhood, music, toys, and culture along with retail and consumer products trends.
- 02/26/2020 - Electric Playground EP Live: Talking Toy Fair
- 02/26/2020 - Forbes: Green is the Hottest Color in the Toy Box
- 02/24/2020 - Yahoo Finance: Coronavirus and the Toy Industry
- 02/06/2020 - Retail Dive: The Toy Industry Still Hasn't Recovered Since the Death of Toys "R" Us
- 01/28/2020 - Staten Island Advance: Report: With Toys "R" Us Shuttered, Toy Sales Decline 4%
- 01/27/2020 - CO— by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce: A New Toy Story: Inside the CAMP Game Plan
- 12/24/2019 - Toys R Us This Weekend Drew Lots Of Shoppers And A Visit From 50 Cent. Guess Which Generated More Revenue?
- 12/18/2019 - SiriusXM Business Ch. 132 - Marketing Matters presented by the Wharton School
- 12/14/2019 - NBC 5 Chicago Tech Trends
- 12/09/2019 - WXYZ ABC Detroit - Super Stocking Stuffers
- 12/06/2019 - WCIU The CW 26 Chicago: Holiday Giving and Hot Toys on The Jam
- 11/27/2019 - CBS News: No Breakout Hits, But a Handful of "Wow" Gifts
- 11/27/2019 - MarketWatch: Toys "R" Us, digitally powered by Target, opens its doors once again in New Jersey
- 11/20/2019 - Washington Post: Hot Toys 2019: Star Wars, Hatchimals, Owleez and Frozen offerings top holiday wish lists
- 11/20/2019 - Scranton Times-Herald/Citizens Voice: Toymaker Broadens Scope of Little Green Army Women
- 11/18/2019 - Fox 32 Good Day Chicago: Ultra-popular Toys That Are Flying Off the Shelves This Holiday Season
- 11/18/2019 - Retailers Look to "Wow" Toys to Revive Fortunes During the Holidays
- 10/22/2019 - CGTN America's Global Business: James Zahn on the Toy Industry and How It's Had to Adapt
- 09/20/2019 - Jezebel: Toys "R" Us is Back as an Instagram Pop-Up Adventure
- 09/19/2019 - Forbes: The Next Chapter in the Toys "R" Us Story? Interactive Play Spaces
- 08/20/2019 - Forbes: Hasbro Says it's Game Over for Plastic Packaging
- 07/27/2019 - MotorTrend: 2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour Chicago
- 07/25/2019 - Reuters: Toy Story 4, Barbie Star in Mattel's Surprise Revenue Rise
- 07/25/2019 - Marketwatch: Hasbro's Nerf and Play-Doh Were Big Sellers on Amazon Prime Day
- 07/22/2019 - Marketwatch: Toys "R" Us is Making a Comeback in the U.S., but Maybe it Shouldn't (also at Wall St. Journal)
- 07/21/2019 - SDCC Panelist — Behind the Plastic: Licensees, Licensors, and Buyers: How Your Favorite Action Figures and Collectibles Are Made
- 07/18/2019 - CBS8 San Diego: Morning Extra: The Best SDCC Exclusives and Happenings
- 05/07/2019 - Parenting.com: Top Pokemon: Detective Pikachu Toys
- 04/25/2019 - CNBC: Mattel Signals End to Toys "R" Us Woes as Barbie Boosts Sales
- 04/23/2019 - Reuters: Bumblebee Movie Boost Transforms Hasbro First Quarter; Shares Surge
- 04/13/2019 - WGN Morning News: Star Wars Celebration — A Look at Star Wars Toys
- 03/14/2019 - Fatherly: The Most Valuable Nerf Blasters
- 02/23/2019 - Global China Television Network (GCTN) America: James Zahn on LEGO Expansion into China
- 10/04/2018 - New York Post: Toys "R" Us Could Make a Small Comeback with Store-Within-a-Store
- 10/04/2018 - PR Daily: Toys "R" Us to comeback with brand aimed at wholesale vendors
- 10/03/2018 - USA Today: Toys "R" Us Comeback (Updated)
- 10/03/2018 - NorthJersey.com/USA Today Network: Toys R Us comeback? New name, same Geoffrey emerges from Wayne headquarters
- 10/03/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): Could Toys "R" Us Be Brought Back from the Dead?
- 09/25/2018 - CoStar: Retailers Bet Big on Toy Sales Ahead of First Holiday Season Without Toys R Us
- 09/06/2018 - NorthJersey.com/USA Today Network: A new player enters the toy business: Toy City opens in Rockaway, two other stores planned
- 08/30/2018 - ComicBook.com: Party City's New Toy Stores Are Starting to Open
- 08/13/2018 - The Toy Book: Recap of SDCC Panel
- 07/21/2018 - San Diego Comic-Con International: Panelist - Living in a Post-Toys "R" Us World: Navigating the Future of Toy Retail
- 06/06/2018 - New York Post: Former Toys ‘R’ Us boss has plan to salvage chain
- 05/11/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): Further Plans Unveiled for KB Toys Resurrection
- 03/23/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): The "f" Word
- 02/28/2018 - The Toy Book: Feature on Using Brand Ambassadors (published in New York Toy Fair edition)
- 11/2017 - Fox Business: Zicam Profile
- 05/23/2016 - Blabbermouth.net: Product of Hate - "Kill. You. Now." Video Released
- 06/25/2015 - Real Clever: Agency Profile on James Zahn, The Rock Father
- 02/24/2015 - BusinessWire: The secrets behind press conferences, product reveals and trade show marketing
- 2017 Fox Business Segment: Innovations with Ed Begley Jr.
- In the Fall of 2013, James and his girls ("The Rock Daughters") appeared on ABC News discussing toy safety for the holidays, and appeared on WGN News in a segment regarding the Kohl Children's Museum.
- Quoted in articles for CNN, Babble, and The Huffington Post
- Featured as one of three At-Home Dads in the 2013 Father's Day issue of Lake County Magazine
- Has previously appeared as a guest on AC360 with Anderson Cooper on CNN, and has been interviewed on NBC and in The Chicago Tribune.