Now, it’s YOUR turn! Film your race, then post it all over social media. Make sure tag @GameStop with the hashtag #NintendoSwitchChallenge. They’re going to be giving away a bunch of awesome Switch accessories for fans who do the challenge. And tag me too - @TheRockFather! I’d love to see how your race compares to ours.
Make sure to visit your local GameStop from March 3-10, because more than 50 Switch toys, collectibles and accessories are going to be on sale! Here are the top deals, but you can check out the full lineup of sales on GameStop’s flyer.
- 20% off select Nintendo Switch accessories—controllers, charging docks, carrying cases, racing wheels and more
- 20% off select Nintendo-themed plush, toys, housewares & drinkware
- Up to $20 off select Switch games (FIFA 18 for only $39.99!)
- Get an extra $5 when you trade any Nintendo Switch games
- 50% extra credit on any future Nintendo Switch game trades with purchase of any of these sale products
On to the challenge! Here’s how to play:
- You’ll Need: At least two players, a Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 (don’t have a Nintendo Switch? Don’t worry—GameStop has you covered! More than 1,400 stores have a demo Switch, where you can film your challenge – check out their Switch store locator to find the nearest challenge-ready store near you.
- Player One: This is the “Commander,” who sits facing the screen – it’s also fun to have more than one Commander, just beware—it can get a little loud!
- Player Two: The “Driver” sits with their back to the screen (or blindfolded)—with the Joy-cons or controller
- Rev Your Engine: Start up your Switch, fire up Mario Kart 8 and get ready to put your skills to the test
- The Challenge: The Commander guides the Driver through the course –telling them when to turn, use their items, avoid running into walls and cows and fences…
- Share: Post your best race on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube channel! Make sure to tag @GameStop with the hashtag: #NintendoSwitchChallenge
When we were at @NintendoAmerica HQ outside of Seattle the other day, The Rock Daughters shot a little video with Kit & Krysta of The Nintendo Minute. ARMS was played on #Nintendo Switch and the girls didn't want to stop! #sponsored #nintendoamerica #gaming #gamer #nintendoswitch #therockdaughters #TheRockFather #travel #seattle
Enter to Win a Nintendo Switch Accessory Prize Pack from GameStop that includes the following:
- Light-Up Dock Shield - Mario & Zelda designs
- Faceoff Deluxe Wired Controller (Mario & Luigi faceplates)
- Nintendo Switch Deluxe Console Case - Mario Kart or Mario Kana
- Pixel Pals – Mario and Zelda
QUESTION: Click here to see all the great Nintendo Switch items available at GameStop - then come back here at tell us, what would YOU most like?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father™ Magazine, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to U.S. residents only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. One (1) winner will be chosen at random on, about, or after March 11, 2018, and will be notified via email to confirm. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prizing provided and shipped by GameStop. This is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any social network.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, but it seldom ever takes that long - we just have to say that.