If you've ever wondered "Where Do Toys Come From?", you just might be able to find out first-hand... if you're near Montreal. The folks at MEGA Brands are throwing open the doors of their massive MEGA BLOKS Factory, said to be "The Largest Toy Factory in North America," to allow special group tours for daycares, schools, camps, and non-profits. Check out the details below...
About the MEGA BLOKS Factory Tours
MEGA is proud to showcase their facilities to young Montrealers through engaging and inspiring activities specifically customized for each age group. In addition to highlighting the magical wonders of a toy factory for younger kids, and walking through informational 'how-it's-made' processes for older students, the tours will also highlight future professions that visitors can aspire to.
On top of visiting the areas where MEGA BLOKS toys are created from start to finish (in a factory that covers an area of over 15 football fields!), students will also have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session with MEGA BLOKS toy experts and ask any and all questions they have about the toy industry. The MEGA BLOKS Factory Tours are a great way for students to learn about a local global business as well as the stages in the "life of a toy".
Organizations must take note of the following important information before applying for a visit:
- Tours are only available to schools, camps, daycares and non-profit organizations for children.
- Tours are offered free of charge. However, a donation of $5 per visitor in benefit of the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation must be made in order to participate in the tour (not applicable to non-profit organizations).
- Tours are limited to a maximum of ±30 children at a time (one class).
- Organizations are responsible for any travel arrangements for their group to and from the MEGA headquarters.
- All visitors must be dressed comfortably with closed shoes.
- It is recommended that classes be separated into groups of 8 to 10 students prior to the visit to facilitate activities and supervision.
Interested parties should check out http://www.megabrands.com/ to get in touch.
For more rock delivered daily, including the latest in great music, cool toys, and fun for the whole family - "like" The Rock Father on Facebook.
About James: A work-from-home Dad with a pair of daughters (Released in 2009 and 2012) - James Zahn is THE ROCK FATHER™.
Bringing over two decades of experience in the entertainment industry into the family realm, Zahn is an Illinois-based Entertainment Writer, Media Personality and Commentator.
He serves as a PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent), has made guest appearances as a member of the Sprout Kindness Crew, was featured in the Father's Day issue of Lake County Magazine, and is a former contributor to Chicago Parent.
Creatively, James has directed/edited music videos, lyric videos, and album trailers for the likes of FEAR FACTORY, DIRGE WITHIN, PRODUCT OF HATE, ARCANIUM and others, has appeared as an actor in feature films and commercials, written comic books, and performed in bands.
James and/or his work have been featured in/on CNN, NBC, G4, The Chicago Tribune, Blogcritics, Fangoria, Starlog, The River Cities' Reader. Slowfish, Oil, and more. He's appeared as a music expert on CNN's AC360, and in 2013 he's been quoted on CNN, Babble, The Huffington Post, and The Good Men Project, in addition to making appearances on ABC News and WGN.
Learn more here.