There's nothing like seeing a movie in 4DX. While the communal experience of seeing a movie on the big screen with an audience is always special, 4DX takes things to an entirely different level - from watching the movie to almost living in it. This fully immersive cinematic experience brings motion chairs and environmental effects like rain, snow, fog, wind, bubbles, lighting, and scent into each dedicated 4DX auditorium where they work in perfect synchronicity to transport audiences into the story unfolding onscreen. There's 10 4DX locations across the U.S., one of which our family has visited many times - Marcus Gurnee Cinema at Gurnee Mills. Now, with a ton of great films yet to come in 2018, The Rock Father™ Magazine and 4DX USA have teamed-up for a giveaway. Two readers will each score a prize pack that includes a pair of 4DX theater vouchers and some gear from the recent TOMB RAIDER film. You can use the vouchers to see an upcoming film in 4DX (winners will have to live close to one of the 10 locations). Right now PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING is playing, with Steven Spielberg's READY PLAYER ONE on-deck. What do you want to see in 4DX?
Are you ready for the apocalypse? Specifically, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE -- the ninth installment of 20th Century Fox's long-running super hero franchise based on characters appearing in MARVEL Comics. With the film opening this weekend, there's going to be many viewing options depending on your theater preference, and for readers in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles, one such option is one of my personal favorites: 4DX -- a truly immersive cinema experience that involves all of your senses. To celebrate the release, 4DX has teamed-up with THE ROCK FATHER Magazine and 20th Century Fox to get three (3) lucky readers hooked up with a fantastic X-MEN APOCALYPSE 4DX Prize Pack! We're going to do something a little bit different this time around, though... with one (1) reader winning right here through the website, and two (2) readers winning prize packs on my Facebook page. This should make things interesting!
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Lippin Group & The Rock Father Magazine ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes begins May 25, 2016 at 12:00 am Eastern Time (ET) and ends May 29, 2016 at 11:59pm ET.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. To enter, access one or more of the following social media platforms [facebook.com] and [twitter.com], register for free to open an account. Visit the @4DXUSA & @TheRockFather [Facebook] account and @4DX_USA & @TheRockFather [Twitter] account. Then, follow the instructions from the @TheRockFather account regarding the Sweepstakes and use the hashtag “#XMEN4DXSweepstakes” in your entry. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), forged, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Multiple entries are allowed, up to a maximum of one entry per day per person. Entries that exceed that number will be determined to be void.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor through the social media account that the Sweepstakes is being hosted on or about May 29, 2016. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during one (1) day from the date of the first attempt to contact potential winner, or if potential winner he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
FIRST PRIZE: Three (3) First Prize winner(s) will receive one (1) Prize Pack which includes: One (1) X-Men and The Wolverine Blu-Ray Collection (X-Men/ X2: X-Men United/ X-Men: The Last Stand/ X-Men: Origins: Wolverine/ X-Men: First Class/ The Wolverine (ARV $69.99), One (1) Hanes X-Men: Apocalypse T-shirt (ARV $6) and One (1) set of four (4) drinking glasses (ARV $10). Total ARV per prize pack is $85.99. All incidental expenses and taxes not specified herein will be the sole responsibility of the First Prize Winner, including without limitation, federal and state taxes. Total Approximate prize value: $257.97.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsor, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (“Fox”), their officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and promotion partners (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the winners’ name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsors at their sole discretion reserve the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), participation in Sweepstakes, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or other electronic devices and/or their contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Not affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
7. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rulesor the name of the winner (please specify), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Sweepstakes c/o The Lippin Group, 6100 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90048
A Special Promotion from 4DX and THE ROCK FATHER Magazine open to residents of Illinois, Wisconsin, New York and the Los Angeles areas only.
If you have't seen a movie in 4DX yet, you're in for quite an experience when you finally do... an experience currently available at just two locations in the United States, and by the end of this week, a third. Located directly between Chicago and Milwaukee, the Marcus Gurnee Cinema at Gurnee Mills welcomes moviegoers into a fully-immersive experience, one also enjoyed on the West Coast at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live, and soon on the East Coast at the Regal Union Square Stadium 14 (open March 25). Showing this week in 4DX is THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT, and the folks at 4DX have teamed-up with THE ROCK FATHER once again for a special prize pack giveaway... but this one is a little bit different! With just two days left to catch the film in 4DX prior to it being swept away by BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, we're giving readers a chance to win a pack that includes 1 Allegiant shirt, 1 Allegiant lunchbox, 1 Allegiant tattoo sticker and a pair of 4DX vouchers good for a future 4DX film. Click here to visit my Facebook page, where entering is as simple as liking and leaving a comment*.
I'm telling you something right now: Disney's ZOOTOPIA is about to be HUGE. Over the past few months, I've been fairly ZOOTOPIA-immersed (they made me an official resident), having once again paid a visit to Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank where I met with Directors Byron Howard (BOLT, TANGLED) and Rich Moore (WRECK-IT RALPH), along with Producer Clark Spencer (WINNIE THE POOH) and much of the key creative team for an inside look at the studio's 55th feature-length animated film. Last week, my wife and I also treated The Rock Daughters to an early screening of the film, and in the days that followed, something remarkable happened... they declared it "Better than FROZEN," with our oldest deeming it her "favorite film so-far," and already noting that when she does her back-to-school chalkboard in the Fall, ZOOTOPIA will replace FROZEN as her film of choice. The kids have spoken, and that's all I need. While ZOOTOPIA by itself is a very special film (and one I will review in detail later), in Chicago's far North Suburbs, just minutes from Rock Father HQ is a very special place to see it - the Marcus Gurnee Cinema at Gurnee Mills. This theatre is home to one of just two 4DX theaters in the United States (the other is in L.A.), and to celebrate a one-week special engagement of ZOOTOPIA 4DX, the folks at CJ 4DX have teamed-up with THE ROCK FATHER Magazine for a very special Prize Pack Giveaway. The trick is, this one is limited to readers in Illinois and Wisconsin... folks within the region of the Marcus Gurnee Cinema and their 4DX screen! Learn about 4DX and enter to win below!