Want some fun birthday stats? Here's some numbers that reflect how birthdays break down around the globe:
- C’est La Vie. If only we could be more like French parents: 46% say birthday planning isn’t stressful, while parents in Peru and the Philippines feel most stressed about kids’ birthdays (77%).
- How many likes did I get? Parents in Turkey (56%) and India (52%) feel the most social media heat around their kids’ birthday parties.
- Characters rule. Mexican kids are all about character-themed birthdays: 91% of parents in Mexico have hosted a character-themed party for their child.
- Trying to save a buck. Parents are more interested in saving money than time when it comes to party planning (54% vs. 42%). Italian parents are most interested in birthday money-saving measures (72%).
- Brazilian big spenders. Brazilian parents go all out for birthdays, racking up an average bill of $620 (vs. a global average of $250).
Now, we knew that Netflix Birthdays were coming (writer for the #StreamTeam and all), and while we won't have a kid's birthday to celebrate again for nearly a year, The Rock Daughters™ joined my wife and I to bake a Netflix-themed birthday cake...
I have to be honest - I'm not really a "red velvet" guy, but I get it for this. The end result was pretty cool...
Check out Netflix.com/Birthdays to start your own celebration.