THE TOY BOX - Week Two: The mentors and judges are faced with some tough decisions when they are presented with unique toy inventions that include a whimsical dual-sided book, a ballerina doll, pocket-sized cars, sweet-smelling fruit plushes and a piñata in a backpack, on an all-new episode of ABC’s THE TOY BOX, airing on FRIDAY, APRIL 14 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. Sorta like Shark Tank with kids, Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet hosts the 8-episode series, while Sophia Grace Brownlee (“The Ellen Degeneres Show”), Aalyrah Caldwell (“Uncle Buck”), Toby Grey (“The Unexpected John Cena Prank”) and Noah Ritter (“The Ellen Degeneres Show”) serve as judges.
This week’s toy inventions include:
- Butterfly Book – a unique double-sided book that makes story time even more fun. Inventor: Michelle from Naples, Florida
- Ballerina Doll – a collection of dolls that articulate into ballet positions. Inventor: Tiffany and Mark from Murrieta, California
- Snap N’ Roll – pocket-sized cars that launch with a snap. Inventor: Greg from Land O Lakes, Florida
- Lil Fruityz – fruit-scented plush with their own personalities. Inventor: Jason from Hackettstown, New Jersey
- Piñata Backpack – a twist on the party piñata in the form of a backpack. Inventor: Rebecca and Nicholas from Grass Valley, California
Having already seen this week's episode, I'm bound to secrecy aside from saying that things get pretty heated at one point, and that I have some thoughts on these toys that I'll share on Twitter Friday night. Be sure to watch! Want first dibs on the winning toy? Pre-order now from Toys "R" Us!