When we were looking to buy our first single-family home a few years back (aka Rock Father HQ), finding a home in our price range in a School District we believed in was important. All said and done, we actually ended up paying too much for our house (we're now "underwater" or facing "negative equity" due to the housing crash), but we did so lured by the schools. We wanted our kids to have some great educational options when the time comes (the first is in preschool right now), and thus we landed where we did. Now, the folks at REALTOR.com have launched an updated version of their mobile App (for iOS and Android) that makes searching for homes with schooling in mind a little bit easier...
The REALTOR.com mobile app has been updated with the following:
- Nearby Schools button on the home screen that leverages GPS to find schools in surrounding areas
- School pins on an interactive map that display GreatSchools ratings and assignment boundaries and the ability for users to search homes for sale that fall within a particular school boundary
- Schools tab, which is displayed within each specific property listing, providing granular information about the grades taught at each school, student-teacher ratios and GreatSchools ratings
- Capability to search listings based on their assigned public school or school district
For more information, check out REALTOR.com - the official website of The National Association of REALTORS.
For more rock delivered daily, including the latest in great music, cool toys, and fun for the whole family - "like" The Rock Father on Facebook.
About James: A work-from-home Dad with a pair of daughters (Released in 2009 and 2012) - James Zahn is THE ROCK FATHER™.
Bringing over two decades of experience in the entertainment industry into the family realm, Zahn is an Illinois-based Entertainment Writer, Media Personality and Commentator.
He serves as a PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent) Blogger, has made guest appearances as a member of the Sprout Kindness Crew, was featured in the Father's Day issue of Lake County Magazine, and is a former contributor to Chicago Parent.
Creatively, James has directed/edited music videos, lyric videos, and album trailers for the likes of FEAR FACTORY, DIRGE WITHIN, PRODUCT OF HATE, ARCANIUM and others, has appeared as an actor in feature films and commercials, written comic books, and performed in bands.
James and/or his work have been featured in/on CNN, NBC, G4, The Chicago Tribune, Blogcritics, Fangoria, Starlog, The River Cities' Reader. Slowfish, Oil, and more. He's appeared as a music expert on CNN's AC360, and in 2013 he's been quoted on CNN, Babble, The Huffington Post, and The Good Men Project, in addition to making appearances on ABC News and WGN.
Learn more here.
- Watch: The New Video from MISTA COOKIE JAR and THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS (one year in-the-making)!
- Review - DANIEL TIGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD: Daniel's Big Feelings & Life's Little Lessons
- Blog: The First Daddy/Daughter Dance - Elsa and Anna's Fabulously FROZEN Ball...
- Sprout Channel kicks-off March with Oscar the Grouch and Giuliana Rancic, announces new programming highlights...
- Kindergarten: Drinking Fountains are Shorter Than They Used to Be...