Vehicles with powerful engines like the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Chevy Camaro ZL1 were on display at the 2019 North American International Auto Show, which has been held in January since 1987. According to Boston.com, starting in 2020, the show will instead take place in June.
The move to June means that more automakers will participate and more visitors will attend. This year's auto show in Detroit just wrapped after showcasing all kinds of auto innovations.
On average, there is a rear end collision on U.S. roads every eight seconds. The Cadillac XT6, an SUV that has a 3.6-liter V6, is a major part of GM's goal of not only creating a future with zero emissions, but zero roadway collisions, as well.
Here are some of the other innovative vehicles that made their debut at the 2019 North American International Auto Show:
- 2020 Toyota Supra -- This will be the first new Supra in 21 years. With its 8-speed dual-clutch gearbox, it can go 0 to 60 mph in 4.1 seconds.
- 2020 Kia Telluride -- This big, boxy 3-row SUV comfortably seats 8 and looks as great as it is powerful.
- Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line -- Updated with aerodynamic front and rear fascias, unique sport seats, and 18-inch wheels, this is a great-looking vehicle at an affordable price ($23,000).
- 2020 Ford Explorer (pictured top) -- This vehicle's top track speed is 143 mph. It has a center touch screen inside and 21-inch wheels on the outside.
- Infiniti QX Inspiration Concept -- This vehicle previews the evolution of Infiniti's design in an all-wheel drive mid-size crossover.
- Ram 25000 -- This powerful truck comes equipped with 1,000 pounds of torque and can tow up to 35,100 pounds!
- 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby -- The Mustang Shelby GT500 is the most powerful street-legal Ford ever.
Next up on the auto show circuit is the 2019 Chicago Auto Show—the largest consumer show in North America. Many of these vehicles and innovations will be seen there as well, with more debuts on-deck. The show runs Feb. 9-18 at McCormick Place.
Whether you're planning on attending this auto show or future shows in the summer, enjoy the view and enjoy the ride!