Blaze and the Monster Machines is unlike any other preschool show on TV because of its rich interactive curriculum focused entirely on STEM. Blaze gets children excited about STEM by encouraging their curiosity about how things work, which will help them get ready for school and their future in today’s high-tech world.
-Teri Weiss, EVP of Production and Development, Nickelodeon Preschool
Meet the residents of Axle City:
- Blaze- Blaze is Axle City's greatest hero and its number-one racer! He knows everything about science, technology, engineering, and math.
- AJ-Blaze’s pal and driver. He’s a technology expert who knows all about different machines and how they work.
- Crusher- Blaze's biggest rival, Crusher, is a tractor-trailer that will do anything to beat the other racers to the finish line.
- Pickle-Crusher’s over-enthusiastic and underappreciated sidekick.
- Gabby-Mechanic with serious monster truck know-how.
- Darington-Ultimate showman who loves to dazzle with amazing tricks and stunts.
- Stripes-Impetuous tiger truck who is always ready for action.
- Starla-Hootin’, hollerin’ cowgirl Monster Machine.
- Zeg- Part monster machine, part triceratops, Zeg is Blaze’s best prehistoric pal.
In the hour-long series premiere, “Blaze of Glory,” Blaze and AJ are introduced to a world of racing monster machines in the town of Axle City. When Crusher, a troublemaker truck, uses his dirty tricks to try to win the championship race, Blaze does everything he can to help his friends and beat him to the finish line. Throughout the adventure, preschoolers will be introduced to STEM concepts including buoyancy and trajectory. The series launch will be followed by three weeks of premieres in its regular timeslot at 12:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. Check out more on the official site.
Now, the kids don't know this yet, but I've seen a couple of preview episodes. Just making sure it's good, and from what I've seen so far, I can dig.