Chocolate Mint Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Chocolate Cookie Mix with Crushed Peppermint Candy
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Jif® Whips Whipped Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mint Flavored Spread
1. HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine cookie mix, melted butter, egg and vanilla in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
2. USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Use the back of a rounded measuring teaspoon, to make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
3. BAKE 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are set. Remake rounded indentations in cookies. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
4. FILL 1-quart heavy-duty resealable plastic bag with chocolate mint spread. Cut a 1/4-inch corner off bottom of bag. Squeeze spread into indentations in center of cookies, starting at outside edge and swirling toward center of each cookie. Sprinkle evenly with crushed peppermint candy.
Notes: Substitute 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Funfetti Chocolate Cookie Mix with Candy Bits, if desired (we did this, but did not use the Candy Bits). Sprinkle baked, filled cookies with your own crushed peppermint candies (I substituted Andes' Crushed Peppermint).
The Finished Product:
Want even more inspiration? Check out Pillsbury Baking's Host A Cookie Party website for a ton of recipes and tips.
In October, my friends from The J.M Smucker Company flew me to their headquarters in Orrville, Ohio for their Holiday Traditions Blogger Event. Throughout the 2013 Holiday Season, I will be sharing with you some Holiday Tips that I learned while I was there - a collection of helpful information, recipes, and more that will help you Rock Your Holidays, while creating some memorable meals.