Swinging Six Pack
- Head over to the park, a gym for little ones, or anywhere that might have a safe swing for both baby and you.
- Put baby in the swing and encourage them to pump their legs for momentum.
- Kneel on the ground and hold the swing in both hands sturdily.
- lift your weight forward, slowly pushing and controlling the swing with your core and extending your body forward and as far out as you can.
- Slowly return to straight position, all the while engaging your abs and encouraging baby to keep pumping their legs to move the swing as you rest before the next one.
- Repeat until you feel the burn!
Benefit for Baby: builds muscle in baby’s quads
Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: The LeakLock™ system keeps mess away as baby wiggles and moves in the swing
Benefit for Mom or Dad: works core, arms and chest
Mama/Papa Bear, Baby Bear
- With slightly bent knees, bend over and place your hands shoulder width apart on the floor, so that your body is in the shape of an inverted V.
- Walk your hands forward until you are in a plank or pushup position.
- Then, walk your feet forward, toward your hands back in the inverted V position.
- Repeat by again walking your hands forward to the plank position, almost in the motion of an inchworm.
- Baby will mimic and bear crawl next to you with their bottom in the air.
- Repeat 10 times.
Benefit for Baby: builds upper and lower body strength
Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: The Double Grip Strips keep baby comfy and secure as they move across the floor like a bear
Benefit for Mom or Dad: works upper and lower body, chest and core
Patty Cake Crunch and BackRoll
- Lay on the ground with your knees bent in sit-up position; baby sits on your stomach allowing baby to rest their back on your thighs.
- Slowly sit up in a crunch motion and play patty cake with baby; then descend back to the ground.
- Repeat 5 times.
- On the 5th repetition, gently grab baby by the waist and flip them backwards over your knees to have baby laying with their back against your shins.
Benefit for Baby: helps build baby’s lower body strength, balance and hand eye coordination
Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: The SnugFit waistband stretches with baby as they balance on Mom or Dad’s waist. When it’s time to flip, the Double Grip Strips provide a comfortable fit.
Benefit for Mom or Dad: works core
Disclaimer: Movements were created by AFAA certified NYC personal trainer, Nicole Glor, and are intended for babies that can crawl and have just begun to walk. The movements are not intended for all babies. Please only perform movements you believe you and your baby can perform safely. If you have any questions or concerns about the movements check with your or your baby’s doctor prior to trying these movements. If you and your baby engage in these movements, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities and assume all risk of injury.
HUGGIES LITTLE MOVERS:
Is your baby ready to explore the world? Make it a moving moment with new Huggies® Little Movers Diapers. The all-new Double Grip Strips provide your baby with a better fit over time than Pampers Cruisers.
- New Double Grip Strips provide double the grip for a long-lasting fit
- Unique contoured shape stays in place as your baby moves and plays
- Our LEAK LOCK system provides up to 12 hours of leakage protection.
- Only Huggies Diapers have the stretchy SnugFit waistband for even more flexibility
Enter to win a one-month supply of HUGGIES Little Movers!
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below (it will guide you), starting with the first (mandatory) entry method - Scroll down and Leave a comment that shares your answer to the following:
QUESTION: Share a recent "Moving Moment" with your little one?
After that, you can complete social actions for additional, completely optional entries. Please Note: By entering giveaways on The Rock Father, you agree to comply with my fairness policy.
The Fine Print:
Promotion open to residents of the U.S. only, ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen on, about, or after July 12, 2014, and will be notified via email to obtain their shipping address and diaper size. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Prize will be provided and shipped from HUGGIES.
1980s-style Disclaimer: Many will enter, few will win! Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of prizing (seriously, probably not that long), The Rock Father is not responsible for any lost or misdirected packages. In the rare occasion that a prize does not arrive (which, sadly, has happened), you have no remedy other than moving on.