I don't normally cover a lot of sports here on The Rock Father, so when I do, it has to be something special. Case-in-point? The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs are taking place right now, and with the hometown Chicago Blackhawks in the mix, I'd be a bad Chicagoan not to throw some love their way. After all, this is the team that once had mighty industrial rockers MINISTRY present them with a fight song - "Keys to the City." Now, with the playoffs in full-effect, the folks at Enterprise Rent-A-Car (the official Rent-A-Car of the NHL) and The Rock Father want to help YOU rock your playoff party, and one lucky reader will get all the tools to pull it off in style.
Can YOU predict what will happen on the ice? Click here to play the NHL Hat Trick Challenge presented by Enterprise.
The Rock Father's NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Party Tips and (hat)Tricks:
- MUSIC - I don't care what team you're rooting for (though we all know it should be the Blackhawks), but they all have a fight song. Grab it on iTunes and get it queued-up to rock your friends into a fan-fueled frenzy.
- THE SET-UP - Hopefully you have a nice LED TV. Doesn't have to be HUGE, but make sure folks can see it. If you're having a party, you probably already have this taken care of. As for sound? Make sure the game (and the music) can be heard loud and clear! Actually, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and The Rock Father can help take care if the sonic end of things for someone (keep on reading).
- FOOD - We're talking ICE HOCKEY and it''ll be summer in a month. That means it's time to fire up the grill. Burgers (beef & turkey) are a classic option. You also might want to have some Veggie burgers just in-case there's a non-meat-eater in your midst. For desert - mini cupcakes in your team colors (which should be red and black). Tools of the trade? Brookstone makes some nice ones... and actually, we'll be helping someone with that, too! (keep on reading)
- DRINKS - ICE COLD. A little of everything for kids and adults. Your drinks should be as cold as the ice being skated on. A cooler is a must, and whattya know? We're helping someone with that as well (keep reading).
- A KID-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT - If small children will be joining you for your party, make sure the house is safe for them inside and out... especially if the host is not accustomed to having small children around. Look for potential dangers on their level and correct them. If you're going outside for a BBQ and there's a swimming pool, make sure there's adult supervision at all times. Speaking of kids and hockey, Addie (my 3½-year-old) learned about hockey from watching CAILLOU on PBS KIDS. There's an episode where Caillou learns to skate, and ends up getting to cruise the rink on the Zamboni.
Now that the party tips are clear, lets get to the giveaway...
One lucky reader will recieve a prize pack courtesy of Enterprise Rent-A-Car with the following:
- Brookstone Prime Barbeque Kit
- Coleman 16qt Wheeled Cooler
- Coby Slim Wall Mountable Soundbar with Bluetooth Technology
- Reusable Stadium Cups
- Mixed Nuts
- Enterprise Swag, including stress relievers (just in case the game gets to rough for you)
- A $100 NHL Gift Card good at NHL.com!
To Enter: Let the Rafflecopter Widget below guide you to victory, but start with your first entry: Leave a comment on this post with the name of the NHL team that YOU would drive to see if you rented a car from Enterprise. After that, feel free to "stack the deck" with additional entries, all which can be achieved using internet magic vid the widget. Good Luck!
The Fine Print: Promotion open to U.S. residents ages 18+, void where prohibited. Winner will be chosen at random on, about, or after May 23, 2013, and will be notified via email to obtain their shipping addresses. If no response within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen. Shipping address must be a street address - no P.O. Boxes. Prize provided and shipped by Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the official Rent-A-Car of the NHL. Not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Many will enter, One will win!
FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Enterprise Rent-A-Car and the NHL. All opinions, views and statements are that of James Zahn, aka The Rock Father.