With 80+ members as of this writing, there's a ton of great content being posted daily, and in the interest of introducing new readers to a selection of blogs from the group, Brent from Designer Daddy suggested that members share their favorite posts of 2012 and cross-post between their blogs and websites. With that, below you'll find some articles that were hand-picked for inclusion by their authors, along with my own post added to the list.
2012 Highlights from the Dad Bloggers Group:
- Father. Daughter. Big Wheel. Ruling the Neighborhood on Three Wheels... - James Zahn/The Rock Father
- Looking At My Boy – Oren Miller/A Blogger and a Father
- Gays, Muppets, Chicken + Jesus – Brent Almond/Designer Daddy
- Dear Hypothetically Gay Son – John Kinnear/Ask Your Dad Blog
- Why we have kids – Carter Gaddis/DadScribe
- Honoring Pearl Harbor – Rob Hatton
- Rianne's Birth Story - Ricky Shetty/Daddy Blogger
- Top 10 Phrases That Will Reduce a Parent To Tears – Dan Nessel/Dad Does
- “May Your Song Always Be Sung” – Bill Peebles/ihopeiwinatoaster
- Saying Goodbye To “Campa” – Matt Peregoy/The Real Matt Daddy
- The Upside of Timidity – Ramon E. Colon/Ray’s Blog
- “Dad, Does Our ‘Elf on the Shelf’ Have a Penis?” - Kyle James/Rather Be Shopping
- Biggest Legends of The West in One Photograph: Fake or Real? – Mike E. Henderson/The Gizzard Stone
- toys reflect our story - Vincent Daly/CuteMonster
- A Daddies First Miscarriage and the Feelings That Come With It – Keith Hancock/Daddyplace
- Raising Children Without A Father Of My Own – Chris Read/Canadian Dad
- Spider-Man, My Kids and the Kissing Episode – Andrew Kardon/Mommy’s Busy…Go Ask Daddy!
- On holding hands (a meditation on being a father) – Neal Call/Raised By My Daughter
- A Sublime Parenting Moment - James Austin/Luke, I am Your Father
- The Parenting Wars… Starring Legos – John Willey/Daddy’s In Charge?
- Who’s shoes to fill…. - Theron Bostic/Active Duty Dad
- Lighting the flame – Olly Du Croz/The P Word
- the intro… – Jeff Tepper/Ay yo, Be a Father
- Giving from the Heart - James Hudyma/Dads Round Table
- In Eulogy: The Father I Never Knew… And How That Pertains To You – Adam Dolgin/Fodder 4 Fathers
Is this new Dad Bloggers Group a force united for good like VOLTRON?
Or is it a force united for evil like the TRANSFORMERS' CONSTRUCTICONS' DEVASTATOR?
No matter which it turns out to be, it seems pretty bad-ass for now.
Are you a Dad Blogger? Hit this link to join the Dad Bloggers group on Facebook. Membership is currently by approval, so be sure to give Oren a little bit to get you in there (though he's usually pretty quick).