While we've been very fortunate to have a pair of healthy kids thus far, I know that many of my readers and friends have been faced with some health challenges as parents. One such challenge is Autism, a topic that I have brought attention to a few times in the past, and something that I seem to encounter an increasing amount of families being affected by. That said, tonight I'm sharing news of an event that will take place in Kentucky on July 27... ROCKSTARS GLUED presents AUTISM SINGS KY. This special event will feature 29 bands performing at the Thompson House in Newport, as part of a day that will include music, games, raffles, food, dance, and silent auctions - all in support of Autism Speaks. Check out full details, along with the impressive list of items that have been dontated to the effort.
Among the prizes and auction items:
- 3 prints from Adam Elmakias. Asking Alexandria, Kellin Quinn, and Pierce The Veil.
- Autographed CD, Poster, and Shirt from the Mowgli's
- 15 minute phonecall with James Durbin!
- 15 minute phonecall with Ben Bruce!
- Two 25.00 gift certificates from Sam Ash!
- One Limited Edition Killers Picture Disc
- One 2-vinyl The Killers "When You Were Young" remix album.
- Three All That Remains signed CDs
- Two Hatebreed signed CDs
- Four Shadows Fall signed CDs
- One Hit The Lights signed CD
- Twelve signed Gathering Mercury CDs, and four shirts.
- Sixteen mix bag of CDs
- Twelve CDs from Entertainment One. Mix bag.
- Sixteen CDs from Island Def Jam. Mix bag.
- Savant baseball tees and stickers via FiXT
- Savant Complete Download Codes via SectionZ Records
- 4 Childrens museum gift certificates
- Restaurant gift certificates
- Motel stays
- Photography sessions
For more info on how to take part, check out the event page on Facebook.
For more rock delivered daily, including the latest in great music, cool toys, and fun for the whole family - "like" The Rock Father on Facebook.
About James: A work-from-home Dad with a pair of daughters (Released in 2009 and 2012) - James Zahn is THE ROCK FATHER™.
Bringing over two decades of experience in the entertainment industry into the family realm, Zahn is an Illinois-based Entertainment Writer, Media Personality and Commentator.
He serves as a PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent), has made guest appearances as a member of the Sprout Kindness Crew, was featured in the Father's Day issue of Lake County Magazine, and is a former contributor to Chicago Parent.
Creatively, James has directed/edited music videos, lyric videos, and album trailers for the likes of FEAR FACTORY, DIRGE WITHIN, PRODUCT OF HATE, ARCANIUM and others, has appeared as an actor in feature films and commercials, written comic books, and performed in bands.
James and/or his work have been featured in/on CNN, NBC, G4, The Chicago Tribune, Blogcritics, Fangoria, Starlog, The River Cities' Reader. Slowfish, Oil, and more. He's appeared as a music expert on CNN's AC360, and in 2013 he's been quoted on CNN, Babble, The Huffington Post, and The Good Men Project, in addition to making appearances on ABC News and WGN.
Learn more here.