Do you represent something that The Rock Father™ readers should know about? If so, The Rock Father™ wants to hear from you, but there are a few simple guidelines to consider.
Send Press Releases to: james [at] therockfather.com
Please DO NOT send "follow-up" emails on press releases or review materials.
News Items and Pitches: The Rock Father covers a vast range of material for the whole family, ages 0-1000. Music, movies, toys, games, books, magazines, apps, tech, gardening, food, automotive, shopping... if there's someone in the family that it would interest, there may be opportunity. All pitches are considered on a case-by-case basis, and may be given coverage if the topic is fitting, and strikes the interest of The Rock Father. Follow-ups regarding news submissions are not necessary and are strongly discouraged.
- EVENT COVERAGE REQUESTS: Please note that THE ROCK FATHER is based in Northern Illinois, about 50 miles outside of Chicago.
- Crowdfunding efforts including Kickstarter and IndieGoGo projects are no longer considered "news," and are now considered to be advertorial in nature. For information on getting your crowdfunding effort covered on The Rock Father, please click here.
- GUEST POSTS: THE ROCK FATHER does not accept guest posts.
- INTERVIEW REQUESTS: With very rare exception, James is not currently conducting interviews or seeking interview subjects.
- Reader giveaways are a great way to build excitement for a new release or product launch. An inclusion fee for set-up and administration will be negotiated at the start of each campaign, and the sponsor will be responsible for shipping any and all prizing to each giveaway winner.
- The Rock Father™ frequently serves as a host or panelist for twitter parties that have garnered millions of impressions. For rates and packages, please contact us.
Review Materials: For physical items such as Toys, Games, DVDs, Lifestyle items, Cars, Trucks, or anything else, please email james [at] therockfather.com for a mailing/shipping address. With certain exceptions (such as vehicles that are on loan), review materials will not be returned.
Music: I am not currently reviewing music.
When Submitting Material for Review: Please keep in mind that due to the volume of items received, coverage is not guaranteed. Posted reviews will be of the brutally honest nature that readers of The Rock Father have come to expect. A general rule is that if you make a good product, that will be reflected. Make a bad product, and that will be reflected as well. The Rock Father does not and will not accept paid reviews. Follow-ups on review materials are not necessary and are strongly discouraged.