Over the years, James Zahn aka "The Rock Father™" and/or his work have appeared in the press and mainstream media on occasion. In 2019, this continues as part of his new role as Senior Editor of The Toy Book, The Pop Insider, and The Toy Insider.
James is available for interviews, television appearances, and public speaking engagements with a focus on entertainment, family, parenting, fatherhood, music, toys, and culture along with retail and consumer products trends.
- 07/27/2019 - MotorTrend: 2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour Chicago
- 07/25/2019 - Reuters: Toy Story 4, Barbie Star in Mattel's Surprise Revenue Rise
- 07/25/2019 - Marketwatch: Hasbro's Nerf and Play-Doh Were Big Sellers on Amazon Prime Day
- 07/22/2019 - Marketwatch: Toys "R" Us is Making a Comeback in the U.S., but Maybe it Shouldn't (also at Wall St. Journal)
- 07/21/2019 - SDCC Panelist — Behind the Plastic: Licensees, Licensors, and Buyers: How Your Favorite Action Figures and Collectibles Are Made
- 07/18/2019 - CBS8 San Diego: Morning Extra: The Best SDCC Exclusives and Happenings
- 05/07/2019 - Parenting.com: Top Pokemon: Detective Pikachu Toys
- 04/25/2019 - CNBC: Mattel Signals End to Toys "R" Us Woes as Barbie Boosts Sales
- 04/23/2019 - Reuters: Bumblebee Movie Boost Transforms Hasbro First Quarter; Shares Surge
- 04/13/2019 - WGN Morning News: Star Wars Celebration — A Look at Star Wars Toys
- 03/14/2019 - Fatherly: The Most Valuable Nerf Blasters
- 02/23/2019 - Global China Television Network (GCTN) America: James Zahn on LEGO Expansion into China
- 10/04/2018 - New York Post: Toys "R" Us Could Make a Small Comeback with Store-Within-a-Store
- 10/04/2018 - PR Daily: Toys "R" Us to comeback with brand aimed at wholesale vendors
- 10/03/2018 - USA Today: Toys "R" Us Comeback (Updated)
- 10/03/2018 - NorthJersey.com/USA Today Network: Toys R Us comeback? New name, same Geoffrey emerges from Wayne headquarters
- 10/03/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): Could Toys "R" Us Be Brought Back from the Dead?
- 09/25/2018 - CoStar: Retailers Bet Big on Toy Sales Ahead of First Holiday Season Without Toys R Us
- 09/06/2018 - NorthJersey.com/USA Today Network: A new player enters the toy business: Toy City opens in Rockaway, two other stores planned
- 08/30/2018 - ComicBook.com: Party City's New Toy Stores Are Starting to Open
- 08/13/2018 - The Toy Book: Recap of SDCC Panel
- 07/21/2018 - San Diego Comic-Con International: Panelist - Living in a Post-Toys "R" Us World: Navigating the Future of Toy Retail
- 06/06/2018 - New York Post: Former Toys ‘R’ Us boss has plan to salvage chain
- 05/11/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): Further Plans Unveiled for KB Toys Resurrection
- 03/23/2018 - Toy World Magazine (UK): The "f" Word
- 02/28/2018 - The Toy Book: Feature on Using Brand Ambassadors (published in New York Toy Fair edition)
- 11/2017 - Fox Business: Zicam Profile
- 05/23/2016 - Blabbermouth.net: Product of Hate - "Kill. You. Now." Video Released
- 06/25/2015 - Real Clever: Agency Profile on James Zahn, The Rock Father
- 02/24/2015 - BusinessWire: The secrets behind press conferences, product reveals and trade show marketing
- 2017 Fox Business Segment: Innovations with Ed Begley Jr.
- In the Fall of 2013, James and his girls ("The Rock Daughters") appeared on ABC News discussing toy safety for the holidays, and appeared on WGN News in a segment regarding the Kohl Children's Museum.
- Quoted in articles for CNN, Babble, and The Huffington Post
- Featured as one of three At-Home Dads in the 2013 Father's Day issue of Lake County Magazine
- Has previously appeared as a guest on AC360 with Anderson Cooper on CNN, and has been interviewed on NBC and in The Chicago Tribune.