Featuring Parenting Adventures, the best in Kids and Family Music News & Reviews, Toys & Games, Cool Products, TV, Movies, Gardening and more. Additionally, the "For Grownups" section offers Music, Comedy, and assorted Pop Culture for adult family members.
"My name is James Zahn, better-known in the blogosphere as The Rock Father. I started this site in 2011 as an outlet not only for my personal stories as a 'Dad Blogger,' but as an extension of everything that I've ever done in the past... but with a family-friendly spin. There's a lot of Daddy Blogs and Family Entertainment websites out there, but honestly, there just weren't very many that I felt were speaking to me. So I started my own, eventually leaving my position as editor of another site to focus on The Rock Father exclusively.
As of 2013, I'm a work-at-home Dad with two beautiful daughters and a loving wife that supports our crazy adventures. My family is my #1 Gig, with this site a close #2. I still work in the entertainment industry on occasion, but any of those gigs are just a bonus. I appreciate your time in checking out the site, and hope you'll continue to do so early and often!" -- James Zahn
Special Projects from The Rock Father:
- 2014 Step2 Brand Ambassador
- 2014 Nokia AppCentral Brand Ambassador
- 2013-2014 PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent) Blogger
- 2013-2014 Sprout Kindness Crew Blogger (NBC Universal)
- 2014 Hub Club Blogger (The Hub Network)
- 2013-2014 Toy State Test Driver
- 2013 Step2 Test Drive Blogger
- 2013 Sports Illustrated KIDS Brand Ambassador
- 2013 Contigo "Road Warrior"
- 2013 Member of Microsoft's Team Windows Phone
- Brand Partnerships and Sponsored Content: The Rock Father has worked with the following brands and companies on engaging, original sponsored content: The J.M. Smucker Company, Dunkin Donuts, Boba Baby, Bright Star Kids, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Starbucks, NESTLE USA, Microsoft, Nokia, KIA Motors America, Hankook Tires, Subaru, Hasbro, gDiapers, Costume Express, Teleflora, International Delight, Rhino Records, ACUVUE, Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea, The LIFE Foundation, and many more...
- 2013-2014 Chicago Parent Blogger
- 2013 Hyland's Dad - Brand Ambassador, Hyland's Baby (January-June)
- 2012-2013 Fids & Kamily Music Awards - Judge
- Guest Blogger - gDiapers' "Diaper Therapy" Blog
- Guest Blogger - The Good Men Project
- Guest Blogger - Time to Play Magazine
- Guest Blogger - Rockabye Baby
Tom Stevens: Tom Stevens is a guest blogger and contributor to The Rock Father. He is the guitarist/vocalist of the death metal band, NOKTURNEL in addition to running Nokturnel Eclipse - a destination for quality Spikes and Leather, and being an expert in raising snakes. Tom also holds a vast knowledge of Disney Travel tips.
Wayne Mackie: Pop Culture Junkie. Music Fan. Dad. Hailing from the Los Angeles area, Mackie and his family recently relocated to the Midwest. Wayne finds enjoyment in posting music and movie-related news stories and press releases. He met and previously worked with James with at another news outlet in the late 2000s.
Even More About the Site: Work-at-Home (WAHD) and Stay-at-Home Dads (SAHD) are increasing in numbers. Fueled by economic change alongside evolution in the way that gender roles are perceived, what was once a rarity is now becoming the ''norm'' for many families.
Outside the traditional workforce, the entertainment industry has always been a place where the "norm" is subject to interpretation. Multi-faceted jobs maintained by multi-hyphenated personnel have long paved the way for non-traditional parenting (for better or worse). The Rock Father™ is just one example.
Having worked in countless capacities throughout the music and film worlds, Illinois-based media personality James Zahn effectively became The Rock Father™ upon the birth of his first daughter in the summer of 2009. James and his wife Jennifer welcomed their daughter on the exact date of their 10th wedding anniversary.
What began on Father's Day 2011 as a hosted blog on another site, The Rock Father™ was expanded into a full-scale, standalone website in February of 2012. These are the adventures of a work-from-home father and his daughters (Adalyn, 2009; Finley, 2012) as mom works the "normal gig."
A "Daddy Blog" with more, The Rock Father™ is an outlet for James' personal stories and journals, highly-opinionated rants and features, and commentary on parenting and life. Building upon the musical foundation, the new site also offers daily music news and reviews for both kids and grown-ups, along with constantly-updated news and features on cool toys, games, products, pop culture and more. It will also feature a Gardening Section devoted to Urban and Backyard Farming. Its for parents, grandparents, and caregivers that rock, and the kids that they're raising... with a lot less colorful language than some of James' past works.
Welcome to The Rock Father™.
Curious to learn more about James Zahn and where you may have seen him before? Click here.